This simply means a combination of being smart and sexy. Sex appeal is about both looking your best and thinking your best. Put your smarts out there as well as your gorgeousness; denying your intelligence is a foolhardy way to aim to be appealing. Make it clear from the outset that you think for yourself and never shy away from tough decisions, or you’ll risk being viewed as a docile and complacent person. Being smexy includes:
- Having empowering beliefs. This is not only about yourself but about others too – being genuinely interested in ensuring that others get ahead and have what they need is a very attractive trait.
- Being flexible without being a pushover. This means that you’re willing to heed other’s wishes and be flexible about these where it’s constructive to do so but you’re also able to maintain your sense of self and keep your boundaries intact.
- Being independent. It’s very sexy to show that you can stand on your own two feet financially and emotionally, and that you’re both resourceful and resilient.
- Being busy. Looking bored and not knowing what to do with yourself is unappealing and even threatening. A busy person, however, is attractive and inspiring; others will want to know what you’re doing and how they can keep up with you.
- lypophrenia: a feeling of sadness seemingly without a cause
- drapetomania: an overwhelming urge to run away
- escapism: a mental desire to retreat from unpleasant realities through fantasy
- wanderlust: a desire to travel, to understand one’s very existence
- dysania: the state of finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning
- sanctuary: a small safe place in a troubling world
- metathesiophobia: fear of change